This past weekend four boys’ basketball teams headed to the University of Rhode Island to compete for the RIIL Credit Union State Championships. Originally 16 division one, two and three teams qualified. But on Friday night, Hope, North Kingstown, Classical and North Smithfield were the four teams remaining. In the first semifinal game, North Kingstown defeated Hope in a thrilling overtime contest 68-64. Classical was victorious over the previously undefeated North Smithfield Northmen. 61-64 was the final in that one. So it was down to the Purple of Classical facing the Skippers of North Kingstown in Sunday’s exciting championship game. Classical battled back and came out with the victory, 57-52.
Upcoming Games & Shows
- December 13, 2013 7:00 pmSORI Holiday Auction Preview
- December 13, 2013 8:00 pmOcean State Ice Theatre: The Road to Nationals
- December 14, 2013 12:00 pmSORI Magazine
- December 14, 2013 12:30 pmBryant vs Navy
- December 14, 2013 4:00 pmSt. Peter’s at Seton Hall
- December 15, 2013 12:30 pmKettlebottom Outdoor Pursuits
- December 15, 2013 1:00 pm"Rhody 2 Rome" documentary
- December 16, 2013 7:30 pmVarsity Life
- December 18, 2013Nominate for Cox RI Sports Awards
- December 18, 2013 2:00 pmLIVE Video Chat with Chef Nick Rabar
• Special Olympics Holiday Auction
Watch Varsity Life
Middletown BBaller DAVID BROWN is a fan of KG and Adam Sandler yet he talks no trash.
Middletown BBaller JUSTIN SELLAR likes the Yankees and Robinson Cano. Don't hold that against him, he's really a good guy.
Ponaganset's basketballer Scott Peterson likes to sit in his basement, eat pizza, and play Madden. He likes Math, too. This guy rocks.
- adam on Cooley: “We were fortunate to get a break at the end; I miss Kris Dunn”
- hamilton darosa on Shea’s Gomes is an Idol – Even to Teammates