David Vespia of Cranston West High School is an emotional leader for his teammates on the basketball court. For every game, he wears a pair of bright pink sneakers in honor of his mother, who is battling breast cancer. He discusses what basketball means to him and how it has helped him get through the tough times. Vespia’s teammates also talk about his role on the team and how their support of their friend reaches beyond the hardwood.
- adam on Cooley: “We were fortunate to get a break at the end; I miss Kris Dunn”
- hamilton darosa on Shea’s Gomes is an Idol – Even to Teammates
Upcoming Games & Shows
- December 2, 2013 7:30 pmVarsity Life
- December 11, 2013Nominate for Cox RI Sports Awards
• Special Olympics Holiday Auction
Watch Varsity Life
Middletown BBaller DAVID BROWN is a fan of KG and Adam Sandler yet he talks no trash.
Middletown BBaller JUSTIN SELLAR likes the Yankees and Robinson Cano. Don't hold that against him, he's really a good guy.
Ponaganset's basketballer Scott Peterson likes to sit in his basement, eat pizza, and play Madden. He likes Math, too. This guy rocks.